The Schumacher brand is well-known worldwide for its quality products and with over 70 years in the industry you know it’s a brand you can trust and invest in. So if you’re looking for a high-quality battery maintainer or charger, the Schumacher SC1281 6/12V Fully Automatic Battery Charger and 30/100A Engine Starter with Advanced Diagnostic Testing Schumacher SC1281 6/12V is a great option for you to consider.
- Comes with advanced diagnostic testing.
- Powerful enough to start trucks, SUV’s and large batteries but can also be used to charge batteries for smaller vehicles.
- An auto-voltage detection ensures that the charger uses the correct voltage
- Reverse hook protection will prevent the charger from operating if the clamps are reversed.
- Great for jumpstarts
- Offers great value for money
- Light, portable and easy to operate
- Charges a wide variety of battery types
- Multi-stage charging for added precision, safety &
- battery life
- The LED display, indicators and push button controls ─ increases ease and accuracy
- Clamps are a little bit weak
- Lack of instructions with product
- Lights can be hard to see in daytime
- Can be a bit loud
- Power leads and connectors not very impressive
Schumacher’s company legacy is its commitment to quality and they truly manufacture some of the best battery chargers in the world. Schumacher SC1281, as featured in this car battery charger review, is yet another proof of this. Founded in 1947, Schumacher Electric Corporation has over 70 years of industry experience and excellence. We were happy to take a closer look at this brand in our search for the best car battery charger.
Overview and Features
The Schumacher SC1281 comes with an advanced diagnostic testing, which allows you to troubleshoot any issues with your battery in a quick and efficient way. Having this diagnostic testing is a great resource to establish the condition of your battery before taking it into the shop, should you have to do so. It will also help you find potential electrical problems.
You will be able to charge or jump start your truck and SUV’s, and basically most batteries with this Schumacher battery charger engine starter. It features 30A quick boost and 100A to jump start your car immediately and in a hassle-free way. A must have for all large vehicle owners on the go.
The built-in reverse hook-up protection prevents the Schumacher SC1281 battery charger from operating if the clamps are reversed. This is adding protection from potential damage when not charging the battery properly.
An interface with LED indicators and Start/Stop push button makes this charger easy to use and improves accuracy.
It’s essential that a battery charger can work with a variety of batteries safely and the Schumacher SC1281 features an auto voltage detection to easily detect the correct voltage which will reduce the chances of damage and greatly increase the longevity of your battery. Another feature that adds precision, safety and battery life is the microprocessor controlled, multi-stage charging that this fantastic product has to offer.
Out of many great things that stand out in this Schumacher battery charger starter review, is the wide range of batteries it is compatible with. We are looking at standard, AGM, gel and deep-cycle batteries and that makes this charger a really great choice for most truck and SUV owners.
Worth to mention as well is that the Schumacher SC1281 meets the highest industry standards with its Schu Eco Energy and is DOE compliant.