Owned by Johnson Controls, Optima Batteries produce high end car, truck and marine battery chargers and maintainers. Optima Batteries focus solely on the battery of vehicles. They produce batteries, chargers and maintainers, so you know you’re in professional hands when purchasing any of their products.
The OPTIMA Chargers Digital 400 12V Performance Maintainer and Battery Charger is no different. Read out review below
Overview and Features
The OPTIMA Chargers Digital 400 12V Performance Maintainer and Battery Charger automatically maximizes battery life and performance with a built-in battery health mode. The Digital 400 can also recover deeply discharged batteries and extend the life of all lead-acid batteries.
It offers a hybrid LED battery-charging gauge with LCD screen and a quick-set battery type selection for easy operation. Multiple clip functionality allows you to easily connect to any battery and charge quickly and easily.
Fully automatic, multi-stage performance charging, conditioning, maintaining and storage reconditioning modes for all 12V AGM and flooded batteries. The maintainer and charger aspects really make this product shine above most. Majority of maintainers struggle to charger, and the majority of charger’s struggle to maintainer correctly. This product charges all car batteries exceptionally, and helps maintain the battery life with the built-in health monitoring function.
Pros of the Optima Digital 400 12V
- Strong enough to recover almost any battery
- Built In battery health mode to optimize and maintain batteries automatically
- Works well on cars, motorcycles, boats or any other AGM battery
- Includes LCD display for easy information reading
Cons of the Optima Digital 400 12V
- Premium price tag due to the high build quality and LCD display
- It doesn’t seem to be the most dust proof, water-resistant and scratchproof product out there
- Considering the power, it could do with 2 more leads to charge multiple batteries