The PPRH5B isn’t really a Black and Decker car battery charger. It’s an all-round portable power station that can give your vehicle a quick boost to get it going when the battery is flat. The unit also houses an inverter, USB charging ports and an air compressor. It’s an incredibly useful device to keep in your car, especially if you’re on the road a lot and often need a bit of juice to power your mobile devices or your actual car.
- All the features are contained within the portable casing.
- The unit can jumpstart a motorbike through to an RV or a truck.
- It includes a 120 PSI air compressor that is suitable for car tyres and other low-pressure items.
- A built-in USB port can be used to charge a mobile phone or similar electronic devices.
- The casing features an LED light that can be used when you are working in the dark.
- The PPRH5B can be charged by any standard extension cord plugged into a mains supply.
- For a portable unit, it is heavy at 20 pounds.
- The unit uses a lead-acid battery that needs to be maintained when it is not in use.
- The battery must be charged for the full 40 hours for its initial charge after purchase.
- The unit’s battery can be overcharged and damaged the same way a car battery can be.
Black and Decker is known for being the manufacturer that understands the needs of both the home user and the professional mechanic or engineer. They have been in business for over 100 years and have pioneered the industry of power tools, including the car jump starter, battery chargers and battery maintainers. These products are used in homes by DIY enthusiasts and in garages and mechanical workshops by professionals all over the world.
Overview and Features of the PPRH5B Black and Decker Jump Starter
The PPRH5B is a portable power supply unit that comes with a range of extra features, all housed in a sturdy, robust casing. It’s designed to go anywhere you go, with a comfortable, ergonomically designed rubber handle for convenient carrying. The power cables and the metal clamps needed for charging and jumpstarting a vehicle can also be conveniently wrapped around a specific holder at the base of the unit, keeping them neat, safe and out of the way when not in use.
The unit delivers 600 peak amps and 300 instant starting amps when the battery inside is fully charged. All you have to do is unwind the clamps and cables, connect them to your vehicle’s battery, switch on the PPRH5B and start your engine. It’s important to note that this is not a car battery maintainer from Black and Decker or a car battery charger. It is rather a jump starter that gives your battery a quick boost that’s strong enough to get the engine going.
You also get some great extra features with the PPRH5B. The air compressor that’s built into the casing is strong enough to pump up a flat tyre on a car. The unit also has a high-powered LED light that will light your way if you’re working on your vehicle at night. The final added extra is the USB port where you can plug in your phone or similar electronic devices.